Sunday, July 29, 2012

26. My Kind Spouse

As I was stepping into the shower, I was thinking of how grateful I am to have a loving, kind spouse. The kind of spouse who apologizes by bringing home a dozen roses, and whom I love so much that seeing those flowers, that act of thoughtfulness, brought tears to my eyes, and I barely managed a 'Thank You.' It's amazing how a dozen roses can say so much - today they said, "I'm sorry, I love you, and you are important to me." Even typing this is making me emotional...

Dear Matthew, thank you for being so kind, generous, and thoughtful. When you handed me that bouquet this afternoon, I thought to myself, "He brought home some crappy flowers again," and the roses caught me completely off guard...I hope all goes well at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment