Saturday, July 28, 2012

24. Pixiwoo

Tonight I am nurturing my gratitude for Pixiwoo, a YouTube makeup channel featuring two extremely talented makeup artists. I have been watching their videos since last year, can't remember how or exactly when; it was most probably during makeup tutorial searches on YouTube. What grabbed my attention was how professional their channel looked - well-organized, well-lit, well-filmed and edited - and of course the artists are very good at what they do. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have a soft spot for Mac Cosmetics, and it helps that Nic and Sam use a fair amount of Mac products in their tutorials (I bought Mac's Club eyeshadow after watching one of their tutorials), although I have to admit their latest video on Chanel Illusion d'Ombres has actually got me thinking about purchasing one of those costly eyeshadows, eek! Just goes to show that marketing and advertising are constantly evolving, and with so many different media options out there, YouTube channels can have a big impact on sales and promotion.

Ooops, I digress. Back to Pixiwoo, I think I have learned so much about makeup application and techniques from these ladies, including contouring, smokey eyes and which brushes to use, and lately I have been trying their technique of lining my eyes by changing the angle of the brush. I have also tried buffing my foundation because of them, and wow! What a difference that makes!

Thank you, Pixiwoo sisters, for teaching me how to apply makeup and learning how to accentuate my features, I hope subscription to your channel continues to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment